Sunday, July 5, 2009

NDP'09

Hmmmm... highlight of this week: NDP Combined Rehearsal 3!
(shall mention this at lower part of my post..)

Army this past week has been pretty slack. aint much to talk about.. but this week gonna have some route marches and some other things to do.. Shit work lahhs. cuz gonna go on course the following Thursday.. Have been really talking with one bunkmate: ZhenFeng. Very funny fella... and he's in my team as well. Always talking cock and felt kinda bad to use his PSP one entire nite to play =X Oh yeahh! Beret-wearing starts this week!! Just hope it's season-ed enough.. otherwise it will look like im wearing a mushroom on my head...

Something REALLY REALLY funny happened this week in our bunk. My friend got a scam call from someone way far from Hongkong. and told him that he won a lucky draw back then and needed him to do a survey.. and obviously Singaporeans are damn smart.. this scam pretty much took a 180degrees turn..

Let's name my friend A and the scammer B.. The entire conversation was in Chinese..

B: You have won a lucky draw in Hongkong.. Would you mind participating in a survey for us so that we could transfer the money to you?
A: (Knew it straightaway) Oh OK!! What do you want me to answer?
B: Okay. May I ask for your name?..
A: (may sound crude..) Oh.. my surname is Gan. and my name is Ni-Na.. so my full name is Gan Ni Na
B: (didnt suspect a thing. perhaps cuz Hongkonger. dun understand Hokkien.) Oh ok.. which Gan, Ni and Na?
A: Oh.. 甘 for 甘蔗, 腻 for 细腻, 哪 for 哪边.. but the na is the 2nd pronunciation. if u noe wad i mean..
(here comes the funny part..)
B: What a nice name!! then may i ask for your address?
A: I live in Pulau Tekong.. P-U-L-A-U T-E-K-O-N-G
B: Oh okay. which street?
A: Ladang Street. L-A-D-A-N-G.. (this place actually exist. and is where Raven company is found..)
B: ok. will get back to you soon. wish you 身体健康, 万事如意
one of my fren then butt in: 新年快乐!!
(then kup the phone le..)

Okok. enough with army.. now mentioning about the parade.. Not too bad actually. incorporated a storyline to talk about Singapore's past and development till today.. the stage looked pretty cool though.. But obviously smaller than Kallang Stadium. The marching contigency is SOOOO MUCHHHH SMALLLLLERR.. but really liked the display of some new SAF equipmt. when they fired those blanks and everything.. perhaps is army syndrome bahh. Lol.

Oh yeah. something annoyed me during the parade. the group of 3 beside me saw some army soldiers walking past them during one of the event.. and criticised "ORD LOHHH!!" GEessshhh!!

Nvm.. let's talk about the pre-parade preparation..

I got 2 tickets...

first person that came to my mind was CzL. Why? Cuz he always ON for such stuff de den GAM GAM friend somemore.. But. Suay suay he had Guard Duty..

Next.. Thought of Eric and Howkiat but thought they wouldnt be interested. esp Eric..

Next thought.. Giving away the tickets! First group: Cindy and Yiwen.. but Cindy was working.. den asked Yiwen.. her friend supposed agreed. but couldnt make it last minute..

Joan den came to my mind.. asked her but wasnt free either..

Desperately.. asked Eric to go with me.. and OBVIOUS ANS!!.. suggested Zx instead.. but he didnt reply. got to noe ltr he was still in camp. cant book out cuz of some outfield stuff..

Then.. Howkiat.. Surprisingly!! HE AGREED!!! WOOHHOOOOOO!!

Ok.. that's about all. LOL!!

After the show. went to watch transformers 2.. Met up with Yudhi and Eric(who came from his family dinner..) and ended near 12mn. and Home we went!!

Prebology!!

1 comment:

JAKE said...

cannot imagine if the hongkonger really try submitting ladang street as address hahahah sian lah, that guard duty made me miss out so much. ): and i thought that weekend was going to be a quiet one